Thursday, January 05, 2017

POP-UPS - PUT-OFFS AND PUTTING ON THE STYLE -GREETINGS

I decided to purchase a subscription to an e-card site.  'Subscription',  does, in this case,  mean I pay for using the service; it is advert-free. (I do receive the occasional 'free' e-card from people, usually, they are totally obscured by pop-up and flash advertising. They can put you off e-cards).

I have access to a big selection of e-cards for more occasions than you can dream up, and there are note-cards as well.  Like in a card shop, you can assess the product before you [buy] send. I can also choose  what date I want it to arrive.

It has been intriguing seeing what does not work and what does work for e-card recipients;
  • A very, very small number say the e-cards are 'naff'...fine, they have a choice not to open the card. 
  • Some people don't give their email addresses, so I couldn't send them an e- card anyway.
     
  • Wistful responses for the tangible written card were quite common.

  • Rare, but I have been asked not to send e-cards.
     
  • A few contacts don't have their computer systems configured to open e-card mail.  However, they are notified they have been sent an e-card and from whom.  People let me know their position, usually with thanks for the thought.
  • To the majority of my mailed e-cards there was a very positive response.
     
  • Believe it or not, I was reprimanded for not sending a letter!



    This subscription give my friends a nicely presented e-reply note, (if they wish) which, they do use.

    • There is a lot that has worked for me; I certainly would not be buying the equivalent numbers of cards, nor posting them around the UK and other places in the world. The e-card subscription has added a positive more immediate interactive layer to worldwide friendships.

      Hoping 2017 will be more peaceful than the last, that  the year will be good to you, and  I wish everyone a healthy and happy year!


No comments: